Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Today I decided to talk about the dating scene in SL. You will meet a broad range of people here and some of them will rub you the wrong way and some will rub you right. No I do not mean in a sexual sense so get those minds out of the gutter. Well you don't have to take them out of the gutter since that can be more fun but you get my meaning. Now it continues to amaze me how bold some of these men are. I mean I don't know of any man doing some of the things being done in real life that they do here. Besides the goofs walking around just spouting out that they want to have sex. You have the ones that like to not say nothing, pop up a friend request and expect you to accept it. There have been times I have hit the accept button not realizing it was a friend request. I get bombarded with note cards and such so sometimes they slip through, but then they take that as a sign you want to do the big nasty. I mean it is a friend request people not a sex on demand button! Come on, do you seriously think I am going to run out and pop out my pose balls for anyone that comes along? Especially one that does not even say hi how are you first? It continues to amaze me the stupidity of some of these guys. Oh actually I should not say guys only, some women have been just as bold. I do find that a bit weird though. Being a woman I tend to think friendship when a women im's me or sends a request. I have been shocked at times to find them doing the same things that some of the men do. Although that does bring up a very important thing to remember in SL. Unless you have heard them talk you never know whether the person behind the avatar is the same sex as said avatar or not. So beware!
Now at times you can tell if the person behind the female avatar is a man and not a women. I mean they say things that a woman would never say. However others are more sly and it is a lot harder. I find that women who play male avi's are the hardest to figure out unless you get them in voice. We women, obviously, have the key to our own likes and dislikes. Sadly men you are not so lucky, yes the women seem to be more able to pull off the opposite sex ploy better then the men. So let me say this, if they are not willing to put a voice out there at some point, when you are alone, then be cautious. You can pull so many pictures off the Internet that a picture is simply not enough anymore. So male or female, talk to them, it is the only way for you to know truly what there sex is.

Oh and I have officially started to add to my little Vampire family, and I must say it is very exciting. I find it fascinating to see the differences in the people that I find. I think I have found some of the craziest (in a good way) fun people to bring into my personal family. One thing I don't know is what do they call themselves. Brothers and sisters seem a bit strange since they at any point could start dating, and I can't seem to come up with anything else. So if you have any suggestions, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment